Popular Posts

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Face Five Challenge


Good Day to the Color Elated!

     Before I start, I want to thank Liz of Beauty Angel google.com/+ElizabethBreygel (YouTube:  Elizabeth Breygel and check out her Google+ page where she is currently demonstrating the most lovely ombre lip for spring!) for giving me this opportunity. As I was checking my Google+ stats, I happened to see her latest post with this challenge.  I knew I had to enter and Liz was so gracious to direct me.  Thanks again dear!
 
     Contest Rules:

1.)  Use five products to create a complete make-up look.
2.)  Each different product counts as 1 product
3.)  No palettes allowed (no trios, quads, or multi shade palettes)
4.)  Tag five others
5.)  Have fun!

     Admittedly, it was a challenge, but I did have a great time because I endeavored to so some things I had always wanted to do.  After all, this is my first tag.  Many of the looks I have seen bloggers do are so pretty and I encourage you to hashtag this challenge so you can see the previous looks.  Many are natural and great for day.  Since this is my first, and since I have a propensity for adding extra stress to my life, I went for something a bit more avant garde.  
     
     I had to seriously think of which five products I could limit myself to.  A good foundation was a must. A dramatic pencil could shade and line.  Could not use lashes, so had to pull out a strong mascara, and with an unusual eye, I wanted to "pow!" lip.  So for this endeavor, I used Fashion Fair's Souffle Makeup in Tender, MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Petrol Blue, Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara in Black, MAC Lip Liner Pencil in Nightmoth (my fave!), and MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo.

     
     I started with foundation to cover flaws.  I always wanted to try a colored brow, so I took Petrol Blue and used it to fill in my brows and line the tops and bottom lids and the waterline.  I exaggerated the lines just for the fun of it. Nightmoth and Ruby Woo added  matte red drama for lips.  I finished with electric blue hair extensions , again, just for the fun of it.
     To complete my tag, I asked five talented women I know from Google+ to join me.  Their work is inspiring and I greatly recommend you visit them on Google+ and the links below:

Jonyse Gardner  www.jonyse212.com
Joyce H  google.com/+JoyceHoogenboom
Camilla Taylor
Shreya Kulkamibeautyndbest.com
Shar The Makeup Diva- YouTube:  Shar The Makeup Diva

   I hope these talented ladies will add their spin to this challenge.  Thank you again for visiting my blog.  I had a blast with this one. Any excuse to exercise Color Elation is fine with me!  Feel free to comment and subscribe.  Stay blessed and Color Elated!

2 comments: